God's nephew Tom Brady and wife Gisele Bundchen have been trying to sell their Back Bay penthouse for just shy of 70 days now—or just shy of 70 days now this go-round. Boston's It Couple last put their 3-BR, 3.5-BA duplex at 310 Beacon Street on the market in 2009 for $10.9 million, but withdrew it after the birth of son Benjamin. They re-listed it in October of this year for $400K less; and there it has sat, despite the addition of a scintillating stair photo a couple of weeks ago.
Now comes word that Tomsele's L.A. mansion is almost done. Will that prompt further photos of the Back Bay penthouse to lure prospective buyers, maybe even some honest-to-Uncle-God interior shots? Will it mean another price-chop (they're all the rage right now among Boston's higher-end real estate)?
We don't know. We do know, via The Globe's Mark Shanahan and Meredith Goldstein, that the L.A. home will trounce the one back east: Its 8 bedrooms will unfold over 22,000 square feet (roughly 16,700 square feet bigger than the Beacon Street penthouse). And its 3.75 acres will include a six-car garage, a covered bridge, fancy gardens and a swimming pool. The property (sans construction), interestingly enough, cost $11 million, about what they might have gotten for the Back Bay spread in 2009.
· Tom Brady Mansion Almost Done [Globe]
· Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen Add Stair Shot to Back Bay Listing [Curbed Boston]
· Can Tom Brady's Winning Streak Extend to His Back Bay PH? [Curbed Boston]
· Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen Price-Chop Back Bay Manse [Curbed Boston]
· Back Bay Condo Tag Cut by Price of a Townhouse [Curbed Boston]