You know what day it is, right? (No, not Christmas Day—patience.) Today is the 70th day since God's nephew Tom Brady and wife Gisele Bundchen put their Back Bay penthouse on the market. Given this milestone and yesterday's construction update on the It Couple's L.A. estate, we thought it might be time to take menological stock of the penthouse's journey.
· It was in 2009 that they first put the 3-BR, 3.5-BA duplex at 310 Beacon Street on the market for $10.9 million.
· Son Benjamin was born in December of that year, and the new parents took the penthouse off the market shortly afterward.
· In mid-October 2011, news broke that the couple had put it back on the market—for $400,000 less than the previous asking. That still placed it in very rarefied company, not only in Back Bay but in metropolitan Boston.
· In late October, Gisele was spotted about town house-hunting. Or maybe not. For a smaller space. Or maybe not.
· On Dec. 1, 2011, the Back Bay penthouse marked 50 days on the market.
· Shortly afterward, the couple added photos to the listing. Still no interior shots, though.
· This week news broke that their under-construction 22,000-square-foot mansion in L.A. was almost finished.
And there we are. Seventy days, admittedly, is not a long time for a luxury property to sit on the Boston housing market. Many clear the six-month mark before they're picked up; some clear a year-plus. And, usually, there's one big price-chop along the way. Tomsele already have that.
· Will Tom Brady's L.A. Plans Spur Back Bay PH Sale? [Curbed Boston]
· Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen Add Stair Shot to Back Bay Listing [Curbed Boston]
· Can Tom Brady's Winning Streak Extend to His Back Bay PH? [Curbed Boston]
· Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen Downsizing in Back Bay? [Curbed Boston]
· Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen Price-Chop Back Bay Manse [Curbed Boston]
· Our PriceChopper archive [Curbed Boston]