Usually in this space we recount price-chops of such dictatorial scope as to cause one to think the invisible hand had grown cold and still—the Back Bay condo chopped by the price of a Bay Village townhouse; the Ames-Webster palace slashed by a small city's budget; the Marlborough Street mansion now $750K off. This 2-BR, 2-BA condo in East Cambridge has taken a different tack: At the end of its first week on the market, just before Christmas, it cut its asking price by a cool Benjamin to $649K even. No telling what New Year's will bring.
· Listing: 17 Otis Street, #405 [Zillow]
· Back Bay Condo Tag Cut by Cost of a Townhouse [Curbed Boston]
· Back Bay's Ames-Webster Mansion Now $5M Off [Curbed Boston]
· $750K Off Back Bay Manse Edwin O'Connor Owned [Curbed Boston]
· Our PriceChopper archive [Curbed Boston]