O.K., so, since Tom Brady doesn't have anything else to worry about this weekend: We bring the news that his and Gisele Bundchen's Back Bay penthouse has been on the market for 100 days as of today.
A little chronology:
· It was in 2009 that they first put the 3-BR, 3.5-BA duplex at 310 Beacon Street on the market for $10.9 million.
· Son Benjamin was born in December of that year, and the new parents took the penthouse off the market shortly afterward.
· In mid-October 2011, news broke that the couple had put it back on the market—for $400,000 less than the previous asking. That still placed it in very rarefied company, not only in Back Bay but in Greater Boston.
· In late October, Gisele was spotted about town house-hunting. Or maybe not. For a smaller space. Or maybe not.
· On Dec. 1, 2011, the Back Bay penthouse marked 50 days on the market.
· Shortly afterward, the couple added photos to the listing. Still no interior shots, though. (And those newer photos appear to have been taken down recently, leaving us with just building and view shots.)
· The week before Christmas news broke that their under-construction 22,000-square-foot mansion in L.A. was almost finished.
As for what happens now, it's anybody's guess (the couple's broker, Allison Mazer of Gibson Sotheby's, has been admirably discreet). There are a lot of ultra-luxury Boston homes for sale right now so it's not like they have that market cornered; and, besides, maybe 100 days isn't all that long.
· When Will 15 Commonwealth Avenue Settle? [Curbed Boston]
· Boston's Ultra-Luxury Real Estate: Where and How Much [Curbed Boston]
· Will Tom Brady's L.A. Plans Spur Back Bay PH Sale? [Curbed Boston]
· Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen Add Stair Shot to Back Bay Listing [Curbed Boston]
· Can Tom Brady's Winning Streak Extend to His Back Bay PH? [Curbed Boston]
· Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen Downsizing in Back Bay? [Curbed Boston]
· Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen Price-Chop Back Bay Manse [Curbed Boston]