Time to update our New-Development Heatmap! The details are out on what's in store for Lovejoy Wharf under new developers the Beal Companies and the Related Companies. The duo plans a 14-story condo tower at a redeveloped 131 Beverly Street, near North Station, as part of its plans for the site. Also in store is a commercial development at 160 Washington Street, where Converse is reportedly in talks for 187,000 square feet.
Lovejoy Wharf, recall, was supposed to be entirely condos, with the previous developer earning an O.K. for 240 units in 2008. Then, 21 residents of Strada234 next-door sued, and, though the suit was settled for an undisclosed sum, the Great Recession had intervened to make condo financing that much more difficult. Enter Related and Beal and the commercial part of the project. Related in particular has the sort of track record to make us believe this latest version of Lovejoy Wharf is the final one. The firm built the ultra-luxurious Clarendon on Stuart Street (and that is redeveloping 100 Arlington Street as another luxury condo). It also owns the rental One Back Bay and a slew of sites in New York and Miami, including the Time Warner Center. Bring it.
· Stalled Lovejoy Wharf on Boston Harbor Project Could Have New Owner [Biz Journal]
· New Developers to Change Lovejoy Potion [Herald]
· Clarendon Developer Licks Luxury Chops Over Charter School [Curbed Boston]
· From Condos to Chuck Taylors: Waterfront Project Pivots [Curbed Boston]
· Our Updated New Development Heatmap: Then There Were 50 [Curbed Boston]