Well, then. Boston University has nine projects planned in Fenway/Kenmore over the next 10 years, including:
· Renovating the School of Law on Commonwealth Avenue (pictured in all its 1960s glory) and adding 125,000 square feet.
· Shifting a 340-car parking lot underground at Babcock Field.
· Renovating Miles Standish Hall, the 660-student dorm on Beacon Street built in the 1920s.
· Developing an 11-story academic building at Granby Street and Commonwealth Avenue.
· Building an 11-story, 543-student dorm next to the newer towers behind Agganis Arena.
The university's neighbors are not all that peeved at the construction, maybe because it falls within B.U.'s existing 112-acre footprint. That, and most of these nine projects have no building schedule nor budget, meaning that they will likely not happen before 2022. It's all, um, academic until shovels pierce the ground.
· B.U. Plans Major Building Update [Herald]