This Jazz Age beaut at 172 Beacon Street cut its tag yesterday by $249,000 to $3,750,000. For that, you get 4 bedrooms, 2.5 bathrooms, 3,240 square feet and at least one parking space, plus direct elevator access to the condo and exposures on all four sides, including views of the Charles.
While the nearly quarter-mill chop is nothing to sneeze at, it barely places it amongst the year's five biggest Boston ones so far: $300K off a duplex at 37 Commonwealth; $300K also off the penthouse at 128 Beacon; and the $400K chops at both 129 Charles and 21-23 Marlborough. Beyond Boston proper, too, this Brookline mansion knocked $300K off its asking in late January. The enviable problems of the 1 percent, folks.
· Listing: 172 Beacon Street [Zillow]
· $300K Off Back Bay Duplex Being Built Out [Curbed Boston]
· Problems of the 1 Percent: More Big Price-Chops in Back Bay [Curbed Boston]
· Beacon Hill Townhouse Flirts w/ $4M [Curbed Boston]
· Marlborough Duplex Knocks $400K Off; Butler's Pantry Intact [Curbed Boston]
· Brookline Manse Chops Tag to Below '05 Sale Price [Curbed Boston]
· Our PriceChopper archive [Curbed Boston]