Presenting your weekly update on whether the housing market is hot or cold ... or just right. This week's installment? The latest Mass.-wide numbers from the Warren Group:
· Single-family home sales were up annually in March nearly 20 percent to 3,205.
· The median sales price for a single-family home in March sold dropped 3.3 percent annually to $260,000—the sixth straight month that monthly home prices have fallen year-over-year.
· Condo sales were up 11.4 percent annually in March to 1,189.
· Meanwhile, the median condo sales price jumped 15 percent to $265,000
· Things are getting better (for sellers and those in the industry), just not that better that quickly (except when they are).
· It's still all relative when you take the long view.
That is all for now.
· Warren Group: Mass. Single-Family Home Sales Rose Nearly 20 Percent Last Month [Globe]
· It's a Seller's Market in the Hub Again! Anecdotally! [Curbed Boston]
· Downtown Boston Condos by First-Quarter Numbers: 2005-2012 [Curbed Boston]