On Monday, we told you about the biggest Boston home sale of the young year: $12,500,000 for 15 Commonwealth Avenue. Besides its regal accoutrements (seven marble fireplaces; the potential for 10 bedrooms on just one floor; big bay windows for lots of natural light), the thing that distinguished it from other luxury spreads on the market over $10M was the length of time it was on said market: well over 1,000 days. On Wednesday, we told you about the new oldest-listing-over-$10M: 56 Beacon Street, also priced at $12,500,000 and suitable majestic as well (the dining room seats 14 comfortably). Now, like you, we're wondering one thing only: Where does Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen's Back Bay penthouse fit into all this?
· It was in 2009 that they first put the 3-BR, 3.5-BA duplex at 310 Beacon Street on the market for $10.9 million.
· Son Benjamin was born in December of that year, and the new parents took the penthouse off the market shortly afterward.
· In mid-October 2011, news broke that the couple had put it back on the market—for $400,000 less than the previous asking. That still placed it in very rarefied company, not only in Back Bay but in metropolitan Boston.
· In late October, Gisele was spotted about town house-hunting. Or maybe not. For a smaller space. Or maybe not.
· On Dec. 1, 2011, the Back Bay penthouse marked 50 days on the market.
· Shortly afterward, the couple added photos to the listing. Still no interior shots, though.
· Then, right around the Super Bowl, news broke that their under-construction 22,000-square-foot mansion in L.A. was almost finished, igniting speculation that the pair were splitting town, possible house-hunting notwithstanding.
The latest? The penthouse is still on the market, having just yesterday passed the 175-day mark. Still $10,500,000, still cryptically listed with exterior shots only. And now you know.
· Listing: 310 Beacon Street [Zillow]
· Boston's Biggest Sale of '12! $12.5M for 15 Commonwealth [Curbed Boston]
· Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen L.A. Manse Done—And Back Bay? [Curbed Boston]
· Our complete Tom Brady penthouse coverage [Curbed Boston]