'Tis a new week so a new batch of Mass. housing numbers. These from the Warren Group on Mass. single-families and condos:
· Monthly single-family sales were up annually in April for the fourth consecutive month and the ninth out of the last 10.
· Year-to-date, single-family sales are up more than 18 percent annually.
· Single-family sales prices basically left April unchanged: the median up 1.1 percent from a year ago to $275,000; and year-to-date, the median's actually slightly lower than in the same period last year.
· Condo sales were up 12 percent in April, the third consecutive month they've increased.
· Condo sales prices were up slightly in April over April 2011, and year-to-date over the same period last year. The median sales price was $280,000 last month.
· All and all, similar to a year before, slightly better, in fact; and not as strong as two years before, when the federal government was pumping money into the housing market via the homebuyers' tax credit.
Stay tuned for a doozy of an analysis on luxury home sales!
· Mass. April Home Sales Rise For Fourth Consecutive Month [Banker & Tradesman]