Back in April, we noted that the listing for this achingly lush 6-BR, 3.5-BA, 3,931-square-foot townhouse in the Hub's No. 1 neighborhood ended with a one-word sentence: "Hurry!" It still does. Though any potential buyers can be forgiven if now they tarry: The price for 173 West Brookline Street dropped over the weekend by a cool $100K. For $2,895,000 now, you get the formal dining room with a butler's pantry; the au pair suite; central air; and deeded parking; plus the original detailing going back to the mid-19th century. And we would recommend, given the way of things these days in the luxury Boston market, that you do, in fact, hurry: a big price-chop has practically become a prerequisite for a sale.
· Listing: 173 West Brookline Street [Zillow]
· The South End Bow-Front That Wants You to Hurry [Curbed Boston]
· The Curbed Boston Cup Neighborhood of the Year: South End! [Curbed Boston]
· Downtown's Biggest Recent Condo Deals: Price-Chops All! [Curbed Boston]
· Our PriceChopper archive [Curbed Boston]