We have been following the lamentations of One Charles for months now: the copious price-chops (five at once), the epic lengths of time on the market (try 1,000-plus days). Now some good news? This 1,986-square-foot, 2-BR, 2.5-BA on the sixth floor just hit the market for $2,100,000. A pessimist would see it as not enough time for a price-chop yet. An optimist (and we'll play that role for once) would say it's a sign of faith in the building's resales. Why not? This particular spread has floor-to-ceiling windows with views toward the Common; top-shelf kitchen; a master suite with two custom closets; and two garaged parking spaces. The building at large also has some serious parentage: Millennium Partners, the builder behind the under-construction Millennium Place and the ballyhooed mother of all recent Boston towers, Millennium, um, Tower. Though some readers have pointed out that One Charles' finishes are not/were not as grand as other Millennium projects, like the Ritz Carlton Residences. Alas, then, perhaps we should flip the hourglass and await the price-chop on this puppy.
· Listing: One Charles Street, #6D [Zillow]
· Cut, Slash, Slice, Etc.: Five Drops at One Charles [Curbed Boston]
· Charles Not in Charge: the Sales Saga Off the Common [Curbed Boston]
· Millennium Place and the Rise of Gated Communities Downtown [Curbed Boston]
· Ladies and Gentlemen, the Millennium Tower [Curbed Boston]