Oh, barely a week ago we told you about that palatial penthouse in the Clarendon going rental (having sold for $6,500,000 in a deal that closed just Jan. 10). It was asking $35,000 a month, making it by our back-of-the-envelope calculations the second most-expensive rental listing in Boston. Well, guess what?
The 3-BR, 3.5-BA, 3,545-square-foot penthouse on the 31st floor nabbed a lease within three days of going on the rental market, according to someone with knowledge of the deal. The agreed-upon rent was a mere $30,000, however, though that still places it, need we say, amongst the priciest apartment leases in a long while in Boston (and Boston knows pricey leases).
Our source declined to describe Boston's new mega-tenant (or mega-tenants), though we know the penthouse's owner/landlord is an empty-nester, relocating from the 'burbs to the city, reaffirming a dogged trend in downtown Boston.
· That Palatial Clarendon Penthouse Just Went Rental [Curbed Boston]
· Clarendon PH Deal Confirms Two Boston Real Estate Trends [Curbed Boston]
· Nobody Move! Hot Hub Rents Sear Tenants' Bottom Lines [Curbed Boston]
· Downtown Boston Is Just One Big Empty Nest [Curbed Boston]
· Our Rent Check archive [Curbed Boston]