Boston's higher-end market was no stranger to crazy in 2012. What will 2013 hold? Well, you might want to keep an eye on the Mason House. The scrumptious 14,580-square-foot spread at 211 Dartmouth Street in Back Bay is asking $16,500,000 as of this morning (it was asking nearly $18M when it dropped about 10 months ago). The 11-BR, 14-BA manse with five-car garage and an elevator to every floor is the most expensive listing in Boston right now, $4M ahead of both 56 Beacon Street and 130 Commonwealth Avenue. Watch what it does this year and see how nuts things might get.
· Listing: 211 Commonwealth Avenue [Zillow]
· Mason House Hits the Market for $17.9M, Music Room and All [Curbed Boston]
· 56 Beacon and Its 14-Person Dining Room Still Available [Curbed Boston]
· Boston's Wacky Luxury Market Births $10M Twins [Curbed Boston]
· Mapping the 15 Most Expensive Boston Home Sales of 2012 [Curbed Boston]