There have been a spate of mad-crazy Boston rental listings in the last few months. The Benjamin Mansion for $40,000; that Ritz-Carlton spread for $30,000; heck, there have been so many we went ahead in early December and just mapped all the listings of at least $10,000, and came up with a dozen.
There's one more and it's a corker: The 3-BR, 3.5-BA, 3,545-square-foot penthouse on the 31st floor of the Clarendon has just been listed as a rental asking $35,000. That makes it, by our count, second only to the Benjamin Mansion at 74 Beacon Street in terms of pricey Boston rentals (and you would need to plunk down a $35,000 security deposit besides).
Recall that the penthouse hit the sales market before Thanksgiving for an equally gobsmacking $7,100,000. (It dropped around the same time, in fact, as another penthouse at the Clarendon, this one asking a relatively meek $6,500,000.) The $7.1M penthouse, with its panoramic views through floor-to-ceiling windows and a terrace totaling nearly 1,000 square feet, then got a staging makeover from CBT Architects before Christmas. And, now, its latest twist via its new owner. Tune in regularly.
· Listing: 400 Stuart Street, PH1 [William Montero]
· Boston's Priciest Rental by Far: $40K for Benjamin Mansion [Curbed Boston]
· Ritz-Carlton Penthouse Asking $30K a Month [Curbed Boston]
· All the Boston Homes Renting for More Than $10,000 [Curbed Boston]
· There Are Terraces in Boston and Then There Are Terraces [Curbed Boston]
· What's a Big Terrace Worth? See Dueling Clarendon PH Listings [Curbed Boston]
· The Clarendon's $7.1M Penthouse Gets a Makeover [Curbed Boston]