The condo towers at 45 Province Street and One Charles Street South have had their ups and (mostly) downs: epic price-chops; sluggish sales; broker thumb-nosing. Both, however, have started to bounce back (especially 45 Province), with big askings and big sales. Further evidence? Four new penthouse listings—two in each.
First, One Charles, where Penthouse 1B is asking $4,950,000 for its three bedrooms, three and a half bathrooms, and 2,747 square feet as well as two garaged parking spaces. There's also the slightly smaller Penthouse 1A (2,621 square feet) with two bedrooms and three bathrooms (and two garaged parking spaces); it wants $4,690,000.
Then, at 45 Province, there's the three-exposured Penthouse 2B asking $4,399,000 for its three bedrooms and two and half baths amongst its 2,452 square feet; and the 2,471-square-foot Penthouse 3B (pictured), with its three bedrooms and two and half baths (and, again, three exposed sides). It's the cheap one of the bunch at $4,199,000.
Will any of this quartet command their asking prices? 'Tis certainly possible in today's Boston condo market. Stay tuned.
· Filene's Site Tower to Rescue 45 Province? [Curbed Boston]
· Charles Not in Charge: the Sales Saga Off the Common [Curbed Boston]
· Don't Call It a Comeback: 45 Province Drops More Mega-Sales [Curbed Boston]
· $100K Over Asking? Here's Where in the Hub [Curbed Boston]
· Our Million Dollar Babies archive [Curbed Boston]