Beacon Hill's Chestnut Street as of late has produced some of Boston's choicest listings. There's the $4,300,000 condo with its own guest cottage at No. 20. There's the townhouse at No. 45, with a rec room on the top floor and an elevator to get there. There's the townhouse right down the block at No. 44A, with its separate-entrance 1-BR should a new owner want to play landlord. And there's No. 22, the latest $10,000,000-plus listing in Boston.
Now there's No. 49, which hit the market Wednesday for $3,400,000. The townhouse dating from 1827 has four bedrooms; four and a half bathrooms; 3,034 square feet; six fireplaces; a rooftop garden; and A/C. It last traded way back in December 1998 for only $2,000,000. Welcome to the party.
· Listing: 49 Chestnut Street [Zillow]
· The Beacon Hill Condo with Guest Cottage [Curbed Boston]
· Another Chestnut Street Palace to Crack: $3.95M [Curbed Boston]
· Chestnut Street House Thumbs Nose at Old Man Winter [Curbed Boston]
· It's Been a While Since There Was a $10M Boston Listing [Curbed Boston]
· Our Million Dollar Babies archive [Curbed Boston]