It's been quite the April so far in Boston mega-deals. There was the $7,000,000 paid for a 3-BR, 2.5-BA at the Mandarin Oriental. And, before that, the two condos that went under agreement for asking prices north of the $7M mark: Unit 1 at 3 Commonwealth Avenue, which wanted $7,995,000; and the biggest spread at the under-construction 4-6 Newbury Street, which asked $7,665,000. Then! The Mysterious Marlborough Mega-Listing, the 5,586-square-foot townhouse at 18 Marlborough Street, found a buyer while listed for $7,900,000.
Add one more to the trend: a 3-BR, 3.5-BA, ninth-floor spread at the Mandarin Oriental that closed for $6,300,000 on April 10. Sure that's relatively paltry compared to, say, its upstairs neighbor, Unit E10A, the 4,091-square-foot 3-BR that went for $7,000,000. Still, the $6.3M closing price easily represents one of the biggest Boston deals of 2013 so far. The 3,519-square-foot condo was originally listed by Gibson Sotheby's Beth Dickerson in October 2012 for $6,500,000.
· Another Boston Sale for $7M-Plus? [Curbed Boston]
· Mandarin Oriental Gets In on Boston's Mega-Deal Bonanza [Curbed Boston]
· Quite Possibly the Biggest Boston Condo Deal of 2013 [Curbed Boston]
· Chanel No. 6's Priciest Listing Lands a Buyer [Curbed Boston]
· Our Big Deals archive [Curbed Boston]