'Tis no secret that Boston condos can sell fast these days. Further case in point: The scrumptiously opulent Unit 1 at 3 Commonwealth Avenue, a building that once housed the French consulate and that undoubtedly retains some residual snobbery, hit the sales market on Feb. 7 for $7,995,000. It has found a buyer, apparently, without the price having to be cut beforehand.
Without a doubt, then, the 3-BR, 4.5-BA, with high ceilings, two parking spaces, and a hop away from the Public Garden, is in line to be one of the biggest Boston condo sales of the last several months (it could even be the biggest of the year so far!). Plus, if the 3,950-square-foot spread listed by David Mackie at Coldwell Banker goes for that $7,995,000 tag, its price per square foot will be an astounding $2,024. Stay tuned.
· Listing: 3 Commonwealth Avenue, #1 [Coldwell Banker]
· What Is the Boston Condo Market On? [Curbed Boston]
· The French Connection of Boston's Priciest Condo Listing [Curbed Boston]
· Boston's Second-Biggest Condo Deal of the Year! [Curbed Boston]
· Our Big Deals archive [Curbed Boston]