The magisterial townhouse at 318 Beacon Street hit the market in February 2012 for $10,500,000, prompting us to compare it with neighbor 310 Beacon, which held the similarly priced listing of Tom Brady and Gisele Bundchen. That listing famously traded for $9,200,000 that summer, after some serious price-chops.
The 10,500-square-foot 318 Beacon has seen its own mega-chops, with the latest coming last month: $800,000. Before that, the townhouse's tag was cut from the original $10,500,000 to $9,300,000 (it was also taken briefly off the market before reappearing with that new price, listed by Coldwell Banker's Sam Kidder).
As it now stands, the 19-room spread, with gigantic windows overlooking the Charles, wants a mere $8,500,000. Might it get that? 'Tis the way of things in the Boston ultra-luxury market nowadays, though the townhouse may be held back by being currently subdivided into five vacant residences (the sellers were living in one part of the house and renting out the rest). The listing assures us, however, that the manse can be not only redone as a single-family, but is "a possible corporate headquarters." Hey, the old either/or approached worked for the Ames-Webster. Stay tuned.
· Listing: 318 Beacon Street [Coldwell Banker]
· Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen's Back Bay Neighbor Asks $10.5M [Curbed Boston]
· Tom Brady, Gisele Bundchen Sell Back Bay PH for $9.2M [Curbed Boston]
· The View From Boston's 'Ultra' Condo Market [Curbed Boston]
· Boston's Most Expensive Home Sale Ever! [Curbed Boston]
· Our PriceChopper archive [Curbed Boston]