Time was there were a lot of Boston homes asking at least $5,000,000—we counted a whopping 18 at the start of 2013. They have started to go, though, one by one into the closed-deals column. For each that trades, however, another shall take its place.
The first to step up is the 3,936-square-foot townhouse at 15 West Cedar Street near Louisburg Square. The Greek revival dating from 1837, with what the Campion & Co. listing calls a "storybook patio and garden," hit the market on Monday for $5,500,000. It was last on the sales market in 2004, when it traded for $3,500,000. Let's see what happens this go-round.
· Listing: 15 West Cedar Street [Zillow]
· So Many Boston Homes Asking More Than $5M... [Curbed Boston]
· Chanel No. 6's Priciest Listing Lands a Buyer [Curbed Boston]
· Mandarin Oriental Gets In on Boston's Mega-Deal Bonanza [Curbed Boston]
· Our Million Dollar Babies archive [Curbed Boston]