April was chock-a-block with titanic deals in Boston.
On May 1, a deal for the 9,817-square-foot mansion at 130 Commonwealth Avenue, with its private elevator, its five fireplaces, its 2,200-bottle wine cellar, and its six deeded parking spaces (six!), closed. The going price? $9,500,000 (it was listed for as much as $12,500,000). It's no Ames-Webster Mansion, but still, come on. Not only that, but the new owner of 130 Commonwealth recently turned down $28,500 a month in rent for the place, according to a source with knowledge of the sales deal. It's asking more than that. A lot more.
· Listing: 130 Commonwealth Avenue [William Montero]
· Another Boston Sale for $7M-Plus? [Curbed Boston]
· 130 Commonwealth Aims to Be Boston's Priciest Rental Ever [Curbed Boston]
· Boston's Most Expensive Home Sale Ever! [Curbed Boston]
· Our Big Deals archive [Curbed Boston]