clock menu more-arrow no yes mobile

Filed under:

Cardboard Cops Cut Crime in Cambridge; More!

CAMBRIDGE—Steve Annear reports on one way to fight bike thefts: "The cardboard cutout, with is fastened to a fence at the Alewife Station in Cambridge, has contributed to a roughly 67% dip in bike thefts—with the help of a new secured bike facility that requires keycard access to get in—and will likely be utilized in other stations in the coming months to reduce larceny elsewhere." [Day]
HUB-WIDE—The region's hotels had a rough early summer: "The 93 hotel operators in the PKF Trends in the Hotel Industry sample achieved an average 86.3 percent occupancy at a $207.16 average daily rate (ADR) with a resulting $178.74 revenue per available room (RevPAR). These performance levels represented a 2 percent decrease in occupancy, a 0.2 percent drop in ADR, and an overall 2.2 percent slip in RevPAR for June compared to June 2012." [Biz Journal]