The first phase of Portside at Pier One, the big, big Eastie complex, is well under way; and John Lynds at the East Boston Times-Free Press has photos. The one here on the right shows the iron framework for the five-story first phase, which will include 176 apartments.
Portside at Pier One is expected to grow to encompass 26 waterside acres, with 566 apartments and condos as well as retail and office space (and maybe, just maybe, ferry connections to downtown Boston). The development had been delayed for ages, finally getting under way last winter after a final nudge from the Menino administration.
· Rising Like a Phoenix: Pier One Project Construction Underway After Years of Delay [Times-Free Press]
· Eastie's Portside at Pier One Gets Under Way [Curbed Boston]
· Eastie Waterfront Development Actually Happening, You Guys [Curbed Boston]
· Is East Boston the New Innovation District? [Curbed Boston]
· Our Development du Jour archive [Curbed Boston]