The folks who brought you Factory 63 and its innovation units as well as 315 on A and its 20-Minute Living have taken control of the site of a stalled project on the Eastie waterfront.
The 4-acre site at 6-26 New Street was all set to be redeveloped into a complex with 163 apartments, dozens of hotel rooms and a water-taxi landing, a big, bold exclamation point at the end of the city's plans for East Boston's waterfront in general. Well, those plans just kind of came and went with the Menino administration, and 6-26 New itself kind of languished in financial limbo.
Enter Gerding Edlen. The developer of Factor 63 and 315 on A in Fort Point took control of the site last week, and is currently examining the plans put forth by the previous developer. Nothing's a go quite yet, but word is that things are being assessed (read: Gerding Edlen is looking to see if an Eastie complex can support $2,900 studios, too). Stay tuned.
· Builder Bets on Eastie Waterfront [Herald]
· Eastie Waterfront Project Goes Down to Get Up [Curbed Boston]
· Menino's East Boston Development Plan: the Details [Curbed Boston]
· Boston Inventor of 20-Minute Living Hosting Grand Opening [Curbed Boston]
· A Chip Off the New M Block Debuts [Curbed Boston]