It was probably inevitable, given SomerVision, the Green Line extension and that Brooklyn branch office in the city, but Somerville's Magoun Square is apparently gentrifying at breakneck speed.
Three realities on the ground in Magoun mean this change, for better or worse, is for real.
· The Somerville bike path will reach the area this spring. Bikes: Gentrification's prophet.
· Fresh residential development like the yoga-studio-ed Maxwell's Green have attracted a new cohort of younger, hipper residents (again, we're saying this is for better or worse).
· Residential prices in Davis Square have rocketed into cloud cuckoo land in some regards. Magoun is becoming the Somerville to Davis' Cambridge.
We should also add it's right near Tufts. College kids never hurt anyone's real estate.
· They're Sold on Magoun Square [Herald]
· SomerVision Sees 6,000 New Homes, Lots of Green Line Riders [Curbed Boston]
· Green Line Now Part of Somerville Sales Pitches [Curbed Boston]
· Brooklyn Opens Branch Office in Somerville [Curbed Boston]
· Another 'Officially Insane' Sale Around Davis Square [Curbed Boston]
· Somerville's Downward-Facing Doghouse and Hub's Apt. Future [Curbed Boston]