Yup, One North of Boston will start marketing its 230 units on Monday.
Rents at the complex just outside of Boston start at $1,850 for 2-BRs; $2,450 for 3-BRs; and just under $1,400 for studios. As Scott Van Voorhis points out, these numbers make One North of Boston likely "the most expensive apartment building Chelsea has ever seen."
It opens to tenants in April, and comes from the same folks who brought you Maxwell's Green in Somerville. Will One North of Boston get the rents it's asking for? We'll have to wait and see. The new Chelsea Place is leasing along nicely (just try to rent a Franklin Pierce). For now, One North of Boston is targeting both empty-nesters as well as young professionals, touting its proximity to the big city across the way, including via public transit, as well as amenities like a networking cafe and a yoga room. This is how change happens. Or maybe not.
· Website: One North of Boston [Gate]
· Chelsea Hot Now? [Boston.com]
· Somerville's Downward-Facing Doghouse and Hub's Apt. Future [Curbed Boston]
· New Chelsea Place Names Its Apartments After Presidents [Curbed Boston]
· Silver Line Extension Just in Time for Chelsea's Boom [Curbed Boston]