Need further proof that the Great Boston Luxury Apartment Glut is either here or waiting at the gate? Gaze no further than a recent offer proffered by the newish Kensington off Washington Avenue in Chinatown. The 27-story, 381-unit luxury rental hosted a splashy opening day in October 2013 featuring its fabulous rooftop pool. By December, it was offering up to two months of free rent. By July 2014, it was more than 90 percent leased.
But! Not many of its penthouses, apparently. A reader forwards via the always-discreet Curbed Tipline this recent offer: "NEW SPECIAL: Minimum two months free on vacant Penthouse units! Speak with a leasing consultant today for details on additional incentives for ASAP moves." The emphasis is ours.
Definitely time to update our Rental Heatmap.
· Glut, Glut! '14 a Tipping Point for Boston Apt. Development? [Curbed Boston]
· Go Inside the Kensington on Its Big Opening Day [Curbed Boston]
· Downtown Boston's Hottest New Complex Offering Free Rent [Curbed Boston]
· Mapping 30 of Greater Boston's Awesomest Swimming Options [Curbed Boston]
· Where to Rent in Greater Boston Right This Second [Curbed Boston]