Developers want to plunk 14 condos atop the Savin Bar & Kitchen as well as a long-vacant lot off Savin Hill Avenue in Dorchester. How? Through cantilevering the condo over the eatery like so, hiding the load-bearing beams behind a facade. It's being done at 45 Stuart Street in the Theater District.
The Savin Hill proposal (it still needs the requisite O.K.'s) also mimics a wider trend in Greater Boston building right now: transit-oriented development. From Somerville to Jamaica Plain to Chelsea, train/bus proximity is very much au courant. In this case, it's about being across the street from the Savin Hill Red Line stop. Go.
· Condos Planned for Infamous Savin Hill Ave. "Hole" [Reporter]
· Meet AVA Theater District and Its Bike-Repair Room [Curbed Boston]
· Somerville Is Doomed to Be a More Desirable Place to Live [Curbed Boston]
· Take the Orange Line to the Commons at Forest Hills [Curbed Boston]
· Silver Line Extension Just in Time for Chelsea's Boom [Curbed Boston]