From the western reaches of Back Bay comes one heckuva triple-decker: three new luxury condos born of a building dating to the turn of the last century and a collaboration between Boston Property Development, interior design firm Silverman, Trykowski & Associates, and Boston Property Contractors. All three units dropped on the market Friday.
· The 3-BR, 3-BA, 2,977-square-foot penthouse duplex (pictured above) has elevator access to both levels as well as an open floorplan on the top level that leads to a deck with views of the Pru et al. There's a retractable glass wall between the inside and the outside, if that helps you. The penthouse wants $3,995,000.
· The floor-through second level stretches to 1,248 square feet and includes two full baths plus one bedroom and a den with a balcony and a built-in Murphy bed. It's asking $1,395,000.
· Finally, the garden level duplex has three bedrooms and three and a half bathrooms over 2,605 square feet, with a balcony off the den. It wants $3,295,000.
Needless to say (we hope) each unit has parking (two spaces) and all the latest whiz-bangery in the kitchens, bathrooms, etc. Whether they command their askings of well over $1,000 a square foot remains to be seen. Settle in.
· Listings: the Residences at 431 Marlborough Street [Campion & Co.]
· Our Debuts archive [Curbed Boston]