When they dropped back in January 2013, we made much hubbub about the apartments at the converted shoe factory at 63 Melcher Street in Fort Point/the Seaport District. The 38 studios, 1-BRs and 2-BRs (including 23 so-called innovation units) were asking tidy sums; and we implied that developer Gerding Edlen would have difficulty leasing them.
Our David Bates, however, in his latest must-read missive on the state of the Seaport District reports that the developer leased all 38 spreads "in about a week." Such is the Thunderdome of Boston's apartment market, glut or no goddamned glut. We should've known.
· A Chip Off the New M Block Debuts [Curbed Boston]
· Here's How Much Micro-Apartments in Southie Could Go For [Curbed Boston]
· Seaport: Fast Leasing, Copious Construction, High Hopes [Curbed Boston]
· The Hub's Real-Time Apartment Vacancy Rate [Curbed Boston]
· Glut, Glut! '14 a Tipping Point for Boston Apt. Development? [Curbed Boston]