'Tis no secret that homes under $250,000 are hard to come by in the twin cities of Somerville and Cambridge. And if they do come, they go super-duper-fast. Well, Unit 1 at 222 Pearl Street in East Somerville is a little pricier than $250K but not by much: It's the only condo or house in either city asking under $300,000. The rest are spoken for. The RCG Properties listing describes Unit 1 as a "hip loft-style one-bedroom condo." We'll let you decide from the photos if that description holds ("loft" has always been an elastically relative term in these parts). It's 642 square feet in total; and the listing also cleverly notes that the condo is very much in walking distance of the future Gilman Square stop of the Green Line. Now's your chance: The price tag is $289,900.
· Quick! A Somerville/Cambridge Home for Under $250K [Curbed Boston]
· $23K Over Asking for Least Priciest in Cambridge/Somerville [Curbed Boston]
· Somerville Is Doomed to Be a More Desirable Place to Live [Curbed Boston]
· Did Somebody Say 'Loft'? In Boston, Probably [Curbed Boston]
· Our What Housing Crisis? archive [Curbed Boston]