Add another one to Boston's residential building boom: Plans are afoot to plunk a 12-story apartment building at 102-112 Broad Street, just off the Rose Kennedy Greenway.
Developer New Boston Ventures, the folks bringing you the Residences at 945 East Broadway in Southie, want to demolish a five-story building and redevelop an early 19th-century warehouse next-door into a complex of 52 1-, 2- and 3-BR apartments, complete with a 35-space parking garage underground and storage for 52 bikes. The project, which the city has yet to approve, would likely mean the end of the current locations of the Times pub and the Littlest Bar. The city's building boom, in fact, seems to be chasing the Littlest Bar—it moved to 102 Broad Street from a spot on Province Street that the luxury condo tower 45 Province subsumed.
· More Housing Set to Sprout on Greenway [Herald]
· Littlest Bar Could Be Forced to Move Again to Make Way for Another Luxury Residential Building [Hub]
· The Biggest Greater Boston Apartment Openings in 2015 [Curbed Boston]
· Meet the 10 Condos of Southie's Reborn 945 East Broadway [Curbed Boston]
· 45 Province Spread Comes Complete with a Murphy Bed [Curbed Boston]