There is a fair amount of luxury apartment complexes throughout the Boston region offering tenant incentives. Most of these incentives come in the form of free rent. Add another to the bunch and it's a biggie: the South End's much-ballyhooed Ink Block.
The three-building, 315-unit complex on the site of the old Boston Herald HQ is offering one month free for January occupancy. (Above is the floorplan for an eighth-floor 2-BR asking $4,204 and surrounded by newsprint in keeping with the site's history.) The Ink Block is one of several complexes opening this year in Boston and Cambridge; and probably one of the more hotly anticipated as it kicked off what has turned out to be a boomlet in that corner of the South End. Is the Ink Block too big to fail? E.g., will we see more tenant goodies to ensure brisk leasing? Stay tuned.
· Website: the Ink Block [National Development]
· New South End Development Throwing in Two Months Free [Curbed Boston]
· The Biggest Greater Boston Apartment Openings in 2015 [Curbed Boston]
· Where to Rent in Greater Boston Right This Second [Curbed Boston]
· Six Greater Boston Spots Transforming Before Our Eyes [Curbed Boston]