Developer Samuels & Associates, the folks who brought you the Van Ness among other big-time projects, has set a date for the official groundbreaking for its Pierce Boston tower. Mayor Marty "53,000 Units and Yesterday" Walsh will be the guest of honor.
Designed by Arquitectonica, Pierce Boston will stretch to 30 stories at 188 Brookline Avenue in busy, busy Fenway. It will include 109 condos and 240 apartments, all ranging from studios to 3-BRs, with amenities such as a rooftop pool and a concierge (and some 80 parking spaces—a bold enough move in parking-crazed Boston, as it ensures hundreds of tenants and owners will not have a guaranteed spot). Prices and rents are not out yet, though a sales gallery could open this year. Construction, of course, has already started; and the tower's supposed to open in the fall of 2017.
Thursday morning's official groundbreaking will actually be at the nearby Van Ness and not at the Pierce
Brosnan Boston site itself. Why? The spot is where Brookline and Boylston streets come to a head, making staging such an event difficult. Stay tuned. Construction, sales and rental updates to come.
· Website: Pierce Boston [Samuels & Associates]
· Check Out the First Rendering of Fenway's Pierce Boston [Curbed Boston]
· Leasing Brisk for Fenway's Van Ness and Its $3K Studios [Curbed Boston]
· Mapping the Construction Around Fenway Park on Opening Day [Curbed Boston]
· No Parking: Boston Green-Lights Car-Less Condo [Curbed Boston]
· Boston Housing Plan: Incentivize Developers, Cross Fingers [Curbed Boston]
· Our Debuts archive [Curbed Boston]