The Godfrey Hotel at 505 Washington Street near the under-construction Millennium Tower in busy, busy Downtown Crossing will open to guests in November and is currently putting out an all-call for staffing hires. It is but the latest of many new hotels in Boston readying itself for the big day.
Curbed Boston got an exclusive first look at the Godfrey in late spring of this year and came away convinced it would be a part of Downtown Crossing's (hopefully) 24-7 future while keeping a foot in its architectural past (check out the rendering above). The 242-room inn will include a bar and an artisan coffee shop in the lobby; a 24-hour fitness center; and complimentary Wi-Fi. Room rates start at $199 a night.
· Website: the Godfrey [Oxford Capital]
· Exclusive Tour of Downtown Crossing's New Godfrey Hotel [Curbed Boston]
· The Tower That Hopes to Remake Downtown Crossing [Curbed Boston]
· Godfrey Hotel Will Soon Join a Changing Downtown Crossing [Curbed Boston]
· Boston's Many New Hotels Will Find a Warm Reception [Curbed Boston]
· Our Debuts archive [Curbed Boston]