Navigation app Waze used city data to determine the three most dangerous intersections in Boston. The city itself crunched ambulance and police data from 2012 to 2014. Perhaps not surprisingly, all three intersections are along Massachusetts Avenue.
· Mass. Ave. and Melnea Cass Boulevard
Sixteen lanes of vehicular traffic and six crosswalks (but no bike lanes) crowd this intersection. At least 14 accidents were reported here in 2013, the latest year records were available.
· Mass. Ave. and Albany Street
There were seven accidents here in 2012 and three in 2013. We wonder if all the new construction nearby will help matters.
· Mass. Ave. and Beacon Street
The August 2015 death of a Swiss surgeon on her bike led to a protected lane for cyclists being installed. More bike accidents are reported at this spot, in fact, than at any other in the city, according to the Boston Globe.
· The Most Dangerous Intersections in America [Quartz]
· Six Greater Boston Spots Transforming Before Our Eyes [Curbed Boston]