A construction boomlet is echoing down Jamaica Plain's South Huntington Avenue. First there was the 196-unit Olmsted Place at 161 South Huntington, which recently sliced its ceremonial ribbon. Then came Serenity, a 195-unit complex at 105A South Huntington that just commenced construction. Add to these a recently outlined project at 201-205 South Huntington and you get the picture pretty clearly.
A pair of developers, including Fenway rainmaker Samuels & Associates, filed plans with the city to convert the 1920s Georgian-Revival building that until 2012 contained the Goddard House Skilled Nursing & Rehabilitation Center into 110 studios, 1-BRs, 2-BRs and 3-BRs. And! To construct an adjacent building with 57 studios, 1-BRs and 2-BRs. That comes to 167 apartments total, all within a half-mile of the Heath Street stop on the Green Line. Plans are fluid right now, so stay tuned.
· JP Nursing Home To Be Apartments [Herald]
· Serenity Now! Long-Planned JP Complex Under Construction [Curbed Boston]
· JP's Long-Awaited Olmsted Place Is Taking a Victory Lap [Curbed Boston]
· Check Out the First Rendering of Fenway's Pierce Boston [Curbed Boston]
· Our Construction Watch archive [Curbed Boston]