The 415-foot, 38-story Avalon North Station (nee Nashua Street Residences) will be one of the tallest new buildings in Boston when it opens for tenants in late 2016. For now, it's still under construction but almost finished: Developer AvalonBay Communities and construction firm John Moriarty & Associates are hosting an official topping-off very, very soon.
As in Dec. 2, the Tuesday after Thanksgiving. Avalon North Station is due to include 503 studio, 1-, 2-, and 3-BR apartments. Interestingly, there had been speculation that the spire would pivot to condos should market conditions warrant. They did not, so the developer is, indeed, going with rentals. Studios are expected to start at $2,400, with rents running all the way to $7,500 a month for 3-BR penthouses.
· Website: Avalon North Station [AvalonBay Communities]
· New Name, Groundbreaking Date for Nashua Street Residences [Curbed Boston]
· Mapping Boston's Tallest New Residential Developments [Curbed Boston]
· The Giant What-If Surrounding the Nashua Street Residences [Curbed Boston]
· Our Debuts archive [Curbed Boston]