In news that should surprise no one that's walked by, the 242-room historic preservation and remodeling projectGodfrey Hotel is opening some time this winter in 2015, rather than November as originally broadcast. The anticipation builds.
In other news, perhaps they're using this time to infuse the space with more tech like InnSpire, which allows guests to stream any and all media to their room's 55" HDTV without an additional app.
Most residents of the neighborhood are looking forward to the latest in caffeine, namely from the incoming George Howell Coffee Café. No word on the restaurant coming in yet.
· Website: the Godfrey [Oxford Capital]
· Exclusive Tour of Downtown Crossing's New Godfrey Hotel [Curbed Boston]
· The Tower That Hopes to Remake Downtown Crossing [Curbed Boston]
· Godfrey Hotel Will Soon Join a Changing Downtown Crossing [Curbed Boston]
· Boston's Many New Hotels Will Find a Warm Reception [Curbed Boston]
· Our Debuts archive [Curbed Boston]