There was no shortage of gobsmacking condos, apartments and houses to rent in the region this year. We wanted to look back at some of the more show-stopping ones in terms of decor, architecture and simple head-spinning price. Our gallery commences with a 5,000-square-foot Georgian on Mid-Cambridge's tony Brattle Street, which hit the rental market in October for $16,000 a month, address unknown. It was offered fully furnished, wooden horse sculpture in the sunroom apparently included.
Can't go wrong with Millennium Place in a gallery such as this. Penthouse B there became the Downtown Crossing complex's priciest rental yet with a $35,000/month tag back in September. The spread included a wrap-around terrace with a hot tub.
Penthouse 3 at 110 Stuart Street (a.k.a. the W Boston) dropped on the rental market in late November for a cool $25,000 a month. It was offered fully furnished, wall prints and all.
Above is the deck that was on offer for $35K/month in the spring through Penthouse 1D at the Mandarin Oriental. The condo-turned-apartment also came with three curved flat-screens.
The 4,000-square-foot Queen Anne Colonial at 26 Parker Street in Cambridge proved when it debuted in the spring for $14,000 a month that sometimes elegance is all you need. Have a look inside.
The capacious Unit 806 at 360 Newbury Street went up for rent in the early spring for $18,000/month. Bonus? The penthouse is in the only Boston building that Frank Gehry has ever designed.
The 6,300-square-foot Mansard at 131 Sumner Street was Newton's priciest rental listing during the most awful depths of that most awful winter. It was asking $14,000 a month.
The 5,000-square-foot, nine-room triplex at 14 Chestnut Street dropped on the rental market during the dog days of summer for $24,000/month. The converted house it's in dates from 1822. Amazing.
· W Spread Comes With Rolling Stones, Johnny Rotten Prints [Curbed Boston]
· Millennium Place Penthouse Cuts Its Price, Goes Up For Rent [Curbed Boston]
· Of Course a Horse Comes w/ Cambridge's Priciest Rental [Curbed Boston]
· Mandarin Oriental PH Is Boston's Priciest Non-Taj Rental [Curbed Boston]
· Cambridge's Priciest Rental: Almost $3K a Month Per Bedroom [Curbed Boston]
· Rent a Penthouse in Frank Gehry's Only Boston Building [Curbed Boston]
· What It Looks Like to Live in a Newton House Renting for $14K [Curbed Boston]
· Beacon Hill Mega-Triplex Back on the Rental Market [Curbed Boston]