East Boston is definitely changing (some parts faster than others). But then along comes a sale like this one for Unit 447 in the perennially popular Porter 156 lofts to make us doubt the entire trend. The 3-BR, 2-BA, 1,389-square-foot condo with private terrace (and the rights to build a private roof deck) dropped on the sales market in September for a cool $699,000. The tag then declined steadily from there, until the spread traded late last week. After chopping its price to $599,000 in mid-December, Unit 447 closed on Feb. 6 for $575,000. Not everything in the Hub is going for way over asking. It just seems like it.
· East Boston: Low Supply, High Demand, Brooklyn Bound [Curbed Boston]
· Eastie Project Wants In on 'Influx' of Young Professionals [Curbed Boston]
· Extreme Over-Asks in the Hub: Where They Happen the Most [Curbed Boston]
· Mapping Boston's 10 Best-Selling Condo Buildings in 2014 [Curbed Boston]
· Our PriceChopper archive [Curbed Boston]