Real estate search engine Jumpshell mapped the luxury apartment buildings in Boston and Cambridge, from the newer ones in the latter's busy northern reaches to older spires in the downtown area of the former. It includes current asking rents where available and it was done to illustrate a simple point often lost amid constant hum of activity and angst in the local rental market.
The simple point is this: There are no cheap apartments in Greater Boston. Oh, sure, there are bizarre arrangements and deals to be had farther out on (and away from) the T. But, year in and year out, Boston and its more immediate surroundings remain among the priciest regions in the United States for renters—even when rents dip slightly. It is ever so annoying, isn't it?
· A Map of All the Boston Luxury Apartments [Jumpshell]
· There Are No Cheap Apartments in Boston [Jumpshell]
· Here's How Rent Declines the Farther You Get From the T [Curbed Boston]
· Among Priciest Cities, Boston's Rent Drops Are the Steepest [Curbed Boston]
· In North Cambridge, a Plethora of New Apartment Buildings [Curbed Boston]
· The Five Worst Trends in Greater Boston Real Estate, Ranked [Curbed Boston]