Everyone knows that South Boston is probably the game-changing-est neighborhood in the entire region. One hallmark of that change is the area's new development. There are those big, bouncy buildings debuting in the Seaport District and the hotel construction along D Street near the convention center; but there's also myriad smaller projects, including 14 I Street, a new-construction condo finished earlier this year near East 2nd Street and recently giving up its first deals. There are no interior shots of the only unit to have traded so far, though we do have the snazzy construction photo above to give you a sense of the mid-rise, modernist bent of 14 I's
seven nine condos. In other words, it kind of looks like everything else going up.
So far only Unit 4 has closed: a 2-BR, 2-BA over 1,122 square feet with its own deck and a garaged parking space. It wanted $692,000; it got $697,000. Other spreads at 14 I are asking from $526,000 all the way to $1,100,000. That last price tag is for a 3-BR, 2.5-BA unfolding over 1,966 square feet. Stay tuned.
· On Southie Becoming South Boston [Curbed Boston]
· Massive One Seaport Square to Break Ground Next Month [Curbed Boston]
· Mapping the Many, Many New Hotels Checking Inn to Boston [Curbed Boston]
· The Five Worst Trends in Greater Boston Real Estate, Ranked [Curbed Boston]
· Our Debuts archive [Curbed Boston]