The six-room Unit 1 at 39 Elmwood Street off David Square in game-change-y Somerville hit the sales market in late March and then did a curious thing. The recently built 3-BR with two full bathrooms, two half-baths and one garaged parking space was asking $1,299,900. That seemed a perfectly reasonable sum in an increasingly gentrifying Somerville, especially the Davis Square area. But! Bucking a wider Hub trend, a deal for the condo closed earlier this month for a mere $1,272,500. That's a full $27,400 off the asking. Still. That easily makes the trade the priciest in Somerville this May and one of the priciest in the city all year. And it's seen some expensive deals, eh?
· Somerville Is Doomed to Be a More Desirable Place to Live [Curbed Boston]
· How About a Somerville Roof Deck with a Glass Garage Door? [Curbed Boston]
· Extreme Over-Asks in the Hub: Where They Happen the Most [Curbed Boston]
· The Most Expensive House Sale Ever in Somerville [Curbed Boston]
· Our Big Deals archive [Curbed Boston]