The real rents of Greater Boston just keep on coming, thanks to you, dear reader. We asked for the pricing and address details of your latest leases and you have obliged. The latest batch includes deals done in two of the more prominent recent developments in Boston: 315 on A in trendy Fort Point and the Ink Block in the busy, busy South End.
· This is from a tenant who just signed for a 2-BR, 2-BA at the Ink Block in the South End:
With a great view of the rooftop pool and an unfortunate view of the highway, the gross rent is $4,329. We were offered one month of free rent, which brings the effective monthly rent to $3,968. Square footage is ~1,100.
Now what people don't realize until you tour the building is that they also offer a $1K discount if you apply for a unit within 24 hours (not sure how long this offer will last)… this nets down to $3,885/month. One final discount that we received (unknowingly) was a "preferred employer" discount, which was also $1K and brings our effective to $3,802/month for a brand-new unit with a rooftop pool, multiple gyms, concierge, Whole Foods and in-unit W/D, just to name a few perks. I think that's a pretty good price. Secured parking is $325/month extra. Pets are $50/month extra.
· I got three months free at 315 on A back in early fall 2014. My full-time parking is $299/mo (they upped it to $400/mo for new residents). 623SF on a fairly high floor runs $3,499 before concessions :0
· 1386 Beacon Street, Brookline (Coolidge Corner): $1,850 (going up to $1,900 in September). If it helps, this is a large 1-BR with a walk-in closet, full-sized living room, bathroom, and kitchen. Wide entryway with a walk-in closet. Laundry available two apartments down, parking comes with some units for an extra fee (I don't have a car so no need). Heat and hot water included.
Got your own rental figures to share? Send the details via the always-discreet Curbed Boston Tipline. We thank you.
· Will Maisonettes Catch On in Boston? The Ink Block Gambles [Curbed Boston]
· Our Renters Week 2015 archive [Curbed Boston]