You may have noticed that the Prudential is undergoing major changes, what with Eataly taking over the Food Court. Well, there are major changes coming for the Prudential Mall's significant other, too.
Come September, Copley Place is getting renovated.
You may be used to the comely classical music that often wafts through the main thoroughfare, as well as that yellowish brown marble that permeates the interior palette.
Well, the music may stay, but that color will not. Property owner Simon has released renderings, which show a super bright interior. Other enhancements:
· New flooring throughout the center that will showcase a unique blend of stone, stone mosaic, and porcelain
· New ceiling treatments
· Upgraded escalators including the addition of a new escalator in the Neiman Marcus wing that will connect shopping levels 1 and 2
· Glass handrails to enhance visibility to the upper shopping levels and 16-foot retail storefronts on level 2
· Updated restrooms, with a new family restroom on the first level
· Upscale fast casual dining
· Energy-efficient LED lighting that will complement the recently unveiled Electric Vehicle · Fast-Charging Freedom Station
· A more modern look throughout the entire shopping center
Office space upgrades began last year, which should finish in 2015. Most mall enhancements will finish up by summer 2016, though all will stay open while work is being done. Simon will begin to upgrade the Southwest Corridor along Dartmouth Street, which has to be completed prior to the a 52-story residential Copley Tower construction. This work will include alternate and improved accessibility into Copley Place via an elevator.
Stores are moving around and coming in. Versace, a slinkier, edgier brand is one that Boston could potentially use more of. A list includes:
· CH Carolina Herrera (Opening August 2015)
· Versace (Opening Spring 2016)
· Moncler (Opening September 2015)
· EILEEN FISHER (Relocated)
· Banana Republic (Relocated)
· L.K. Bennett (Expanded current location)
· Tory Burch (Expanded current location)
· Simon Announces Major Renovation Plans for Copley Place [BisNow]
· Major Retail Changes Are in Store for Copley Place [BostInno]
· Copley Place [BRA]