We've known for quite some time that a giant ski and snowboarding ramp was coming to everyone's favorite tiny ballpark. It's a key part of Fenway hosting a U.S. Grand Prix tour event February 11 and 12 (that's the end of next week) for the world's top skiers and snowboarders. Now, the renderings have given way to reality.
That's because the 140-foot-long ramp is nearly completely installed. The photo above comes courtesy of the recently expanded Hotel Commonwealth, the Red Sox's official inn. To put the ramp's scope in perspective, know this: It's higher than Fenway's lights, never mind its scoreboard (or the Green Monster, which it outstretches by more than 100 feet). Shred that.
· Website: Polartec Big Air at Fenway [Red Sox]
· Fenway Park's Giant Snowboarding Ramp: the Latest Rendering [Curbed Boston]
· Fenway Park to Host World's Best Snowboarders, Freeskiers [Curbed Boston]
· Fenway: the Shallow and Short of One of MLB's Tiniest Fields [Curbed Boston]
· Hotel Commonwealth Sells for More Than $500,000 a Room [Curbed Boston]