The average asking price for Back Bay townhouses is $1,002 a square foot right now, according to an analysis of current market-rate listings by real estate research site NeighborhoodX. A fairly narrow range of $866 to $1,171 a square foot produces this average, however. See the chart below.
As stonking as these townhouse prices might seem in busy, busy Back Bay, they take a ... um... backseat to condo prices in the neighborhood. The average price there was $1,396 a square foot in March amid a much wider range of $681 to $3,106. According to NeighborhoodX's Constantine Valhouli, blame/credit the new condos going up in the former tidal basin for the higher average.
- Back Bay Townhouse Price Range: May 2016 [NeighborhoodX]
- Boston's 10 Tallest Buildings By 2020 [Curbed Boston]
- Back Bay in Two Hours: What to See When You Don't Have All Day [Curbed Boston]
- Boston's Physical Landscape: Four Huge Decisions That Shaped It [Curbed Boston]
- Back Bay Condo Prices Roam a Surprisingly Wide Range [Curbed Boston]