General Electric CEO Jeff Immelt, one of the company's approximately 800 employees relocating from Fairfield, Conn., to Fort Point as part of a corporate-headquarters move, has found a home in Boston. He and wife Andrea are in contract to buy an epic triplex on Commonwealth Avenue in so-much-to-do Back Bay.
Recall that the 3,565-square-foot 4-BR, 3.5-BA is one of only two units in the converted townhouse dating from 1880. The spread includes a private deck, too, and two deeded parking spaces. It had been asking $7,995,000 through Gibson Sotheby's Beth Dickerson since February. That pencils out to more than $2,240 a square foot. (Fairfield this ain't.) Stay tuned for the close.
- GE CEO Jeff Immelt Has Found a Home in Boston. Care to Guess Where? [Biz Journal]
- Back Bay Triplex Is Boston's Priciest New Listing of '16 So Far [Curbed Boston]
- General Electric's Boston Headquarters Will Not Have a Parking Garage [Curbed Boston]
- Back Bay in Two Hours: What to See When You Don't Have All Day [Curbed Boston]
- What GE Employees Will Find Housing-Wise in Boston [Curbed Boston]